- 1992 - Ph. D., Plasma Physics, University of Texas at Austin
- 1988 - M. Sc., Plasma Physics, Tel-Aviv University
- 1986 - B. Sc., Physics, Tel-Aviv University
- 2009-present: Research Professor, Catholic University of America, NASA GSFC, and Visiting Associate Professor, Tel Aviv University
- 2008 - 2009: Research Associate Professor, Catholic University of America, NASA GSFC, and Visiting Associate Professor, Tel Aviv University
- 2005 - 2008: Associate Professor, Catholic University of America and NASA GSFC
- 2001 - 2005: Research Associate Professor, Catholic University of America and NASA GSFC
- 2000 - 2002: Visiting Associate Professor, Tel Aviv University
- 1999 - 2001: Chief Scientist, Raytheon ITSS Corporation at NASA GSFC
- 1997 - 1999: Chief Scientist, Hughes STX Corporation at NASA GSFC
- 1996 - 1997: Principal Scientist, Hughes STX Corporation at NASA GSFC
- 1994 - 1995: Senior Scientist, Hughes STX Corporation at NASA GSFC
- 1992 - 1994: National Research Council Research Associate at NASA GSFC
- 1989 - 1992: Research Assistant, University of Texas at Austin
- 1989 - 1989: Physicist, Orbot Instruments Ltd., Israel
- 1984 - 1988: Research Assistant, Tel-Aviv University
Membership in Professional Organizations
American Astronomical Society - Solar Physics Division, American Geophysical Union, International Astronomical Union, Committee on Space Research.
Solar plasma physics; Magnetohydrodynamics; Fluid waves and instabilities; Kinetic waves and instabilities; Numerical MHD; Numerical hybrid kinetic models; Solar active regions; Coronal Mass Ejections; Coronal heating; Solar wind; Analysis of satellite EUV observations.
Research papers in refereed journals, and in conference proceeding. See full list of publications.
Additional Professional Activities
- Member of NASA Science and Technology Definition Team for the Solar Probe mission, 2004-2008.
- Participated in NASA Solar EUV Research Telescope and Spectrograph (SERTS) Rocket experiments for solar physics and astrobiology studies, 2000.
- Served and serving as a reviewer for NASA, NSF, professional journals, and scientific book publishers.
- Organized and co-organized several workshops and meeting sessions on solar physics.
- Participated in outreach activities by giving presentations on solar physics to amateur astronomer clubs, students, and the general public.