- April 1995 - March 2000
Dept. of Astronomy, University of Tokyo
Ph.D degree (science) on March, 2000
- April 1991 - March 1995
Dept. of Physics, Science University of Tokyo
B.S. degree (physics) on March, 1995
- April 2000 - present
The Catholic University of America
Washington, DC 20064
- April 1998 - March 2000
Japan Society for the Promotion of Science
Experience in Solar Physics research in the analysis of Yohkoh, SOHO, and TRACE satellites. Research interests include coronal mass ejections, solar flares and coronal heating. An achievement is an online catalog of coronal mass ejections which is extensively used by many researchers. Extensive experience with writing Interactive Data Language (IDL) software.
- "Visibility of coronal mass ejections as a function of flare location and intensity", S. Yashiro, N. Gopalswamy, S. Akiyama, G. Michalek, and R. A. Howard, Journal of Geophysical Research, in press.
- "A Catalog of White Light Coronal Mass Ejections Observed by the SOHO Spacecraft", S. Yashiro, N. Gopalswamy, G. Michalek, O. C. St.Cyr, S. P. Plunkett, N. B. Rich, and R. A. Howard, Journal of Geophysical Research, 109, A07105, doi:10.1029/2003JA010282, 2004.
- "Properties of narrow coronal mass ejections observed with LASCO", S. Yashiro, N. Gopalswamy, G. Michalek, R. A. Howard, Advances in Space Research, Volume 32, Issue 12, p. 2631, 2003.
- "Relation between Thermal and Magnetic Properties of Active Regions as a Probe of Coronal Heating Mechanisms", S. Yashiro and K. Shibata, The Astrophysical Journal, Volume 550, Issue 1, pp. L113, 2001.
- "Thermal Evolution of Coronal Active Regions Observed with the Yohkoh Soft X-Ray Telescope", S. Yashiro, K. Shibata, and M. Shimojo, Advances in Space Research, Volume 25, Issue 9, p. 1773, 2000.
- "Early Evolution of Coronal Active Regions Observed with the YOHKOH Soft X-Ray Telescope. I. Expansion Velocity", S. Yashiro, K. Shibata, and M. Shimojo, Astrophysical Journal v.493, p.970, 1998.