ACTIVITIES (Discussions, presentations...)
- Mason, E. & Dos Santos, L.F.G. (CUA PhD students). Joseph E. Borovsky 2008. Abstract. December 3rd, 2018 @ 11 am, GSFC B21, rm 183B.
- Espinoza, D. and Henning, C. (CUA PhD candidates). Gosling Solar Flare Myth 1993. Abstract.October 18, 2018 @ 10 am, GSFC B21, rm 183B.
- Reiss, M.. "Coronal Holes Detection Using Supervised Classification".Abstract. October 01, 2018 @ 2:30 pm, GSFC B21, rm 183B.
- Mason, E. & Dos Santos. L.F.G. (CUA PhD candidates). Parker 1958. Abstract. Paper. April 30, 2018 @ 1 pm, GSFC B21, rm 183B.
- Manan Kocher, (U. of Michigan). CME Evolution from the Low Solar Corona to L1: EUV Diagnostics and Ion Composition. Abstract. April 5, 2018 @ 10 am, GSFC B21, rm 183B.
- Jian, L. (672). STEREO Observations of Interplanetary CMEs in Its First Decade. Abstract. March 22, 2018 @ 1 pm, GSFC B21, rm 183B.
- Nuñez, M. (Malaga University). Exploring the use of EUV measurements for making real-time SEP predictions. Abstract. December 5, 2017 @ 1 pm, GSFC B21, rm 183B. Abstract.
- Palmeiro, E. (Helsinki University). Determining the evolution and propagation of a CME flux rope from the Sun to Mars. Abstract. December 7, 2017 @ 1 pm, GSFC B21, rm 183A. Abstract.
- Nieves-Chinchilla, T. (672/CUA). Understanding the Internal Magnetic Field Configurations of ICMEs using 20+ years of Wind Observations. T. Nieves-Chinchilla, A. Vourlidas, J.C. Raymond, M.G. Linton, N. Al-haddad, N.P. Savani, A. Szabo, M.A. Hidalgo. Wednesday, May 31, 2017 @ 1:00 pm, (GSFC B21, rm183A). Abstract.
- Kay, Christina (671/USRA). Predicting the Magnetic Field of Earth-Impacting CMEs With the ForeCAT In Situ Data Observer (FIDO). Friday, February 3, 2017 @ 11:00 am, (GSFC B21, rm183B). Abstract.
- Guidoni, Silvina E. (674/CUA). Particle acceleration in simulated flux ropes formed by intermittent flare reconnection. Tuesday, March 29, 2016 @ 10:30 am, (GSFC B21, rm183B). Abstract.
- Savani, N. P., (UMBC, 672). How do we make a scientific tool for predicting Bz operational?.Abstract.
- Hess, P. (GMU), Tuesday, May 5, 2015 @ 2pm, (GSFC B21, rm242). Predicting the Arrival of ICME Signatures at L1 with Stereoscopic Measurement and Physics-Constrained Drag-Based Modelling. Abstract.
- C-C. Wu, Tuesday, March 10, 2015 @ 2pm, (GSFC B21, rm183A). Comparisons of Characteristics of Magnetic Clouds and Cloud-Like Structures during 1995-2012. Abstract.
- I. Richardson, Wednesday, Feb 11, 2015 @ 2pm, (GSFC B21, rm183B). "SEPs in the STEREO era".
- D. Berdichevsky, Thursday, January 15, 2015 @ 1pm, (GSFC B21, rm242). On the polytropic index of electrons in Flux-Ropes and a few consequences of the constitutive properties of this very dilute matter. Abstract.
- R. Colaninno. Tuesday, December 9, 2014 @ 1pm (GSFC B21, rm183B). Propagation and Evolution of Coronal Mass Ejections in the Heliosphere; the STEREO-era. Abstract.
- P. Young, Tuesday, November 18, 2014 @ 1pm (GSFC B21, rm183B). Spectroscopy of filament activations and eruptions - properties of the ejected material. Abstract.
- B. Lynch (SSL, Berkeley). Tuesday, October 21 @ 1pm (2014), GSFC B21 rm242. Using Multispacecraft Observations, Modeling, and Numerical Simulations to Tell the Story of the Coronal Origins of the 2007 May 19--23 ICMEs. (presentation)
- Hebe Cremades, Tuesday, September 23 @ 1 pm (2014), GSFC B21 CCMC lab/rm 261. A tool to improve space weather forecasts: Kilometric radio emissions from Wind/WAVES. (paper) (presentation)
- Angelos Vourlidas, Tuesday, July 29 @1 pm (2014), GSFC B21 rm183A. Issues in CME Propagation. Abstract.
- Ian Richardson, Monday, July 14 @1:00 pm (GSFC B21 rm183A). When and why does Space Weather forecasting fail? Abstract. SHINE Summary.
- Rebekah Evans (NPP/671), Tuesday, May 6 (2014) @ 10:30 am (GSFC B21 rm183B). Characterization of Coronal Mass Ejection Deflection using Coronagraph Image Sequences. Presentation Abstract.
- Event 2. Tuesday, April 8 (2014) @ 1:pm am (GSFC B21 rm183).
- Teresa Nieves-Ch. (CUA-GSFC), Tuesday, March 11 (2014) @ 10:00 am (GSFC B21 rm242). A Generalized Analytical Flux-Rope Model: A New Era in ICME Fitting. Abstract
- Barbara Thompson, Leyla Mays (GSFC). Tuesday, February 11 (2014) @ 10:00 am (GSFC B21 rm242). The interesting 7 Jan 2014 CME event. Abstract.
- Leyla Mays, and Pulkinenn, Antti (GSFC). Tuesday, January 14 (2014) @ 10:00 am (GSFC B21 rm242). DONKI. Abstract. Presentation.
- Nunez, Marlon (Malaga University, Spain). Tuesday, December 17 (2013) @10:00 am (GSFC B21 rm242). On the real-time prediction of Solar Energetic Particle events. Abstract.
- Savani, Neel. Tuesday, December 3th (2013) @10:00 am (GSFC B21 rm242). Plasma Beta transition within a CME (accepted). Abstract
- Wu, Chin-Chun, NRL. Tuesday, November 5th (2013). Interpretation of the Time-Intensity Profile of the 15 March 2013 Solar Energetic Particle Event with Global MHD simulation (submitted). Abstract
- Nieves-Chinchilla, Teresa. Friday, September 20th (2013). Not everything that glitters is ... a distortion. (Based on this paper)